I rocked with laughter after seeing the NEC election results. Does Nigel really expect us to believe such nonsense?
Here are a few facts and a few questions:
1. All the successful candidates are Farage sycophants. Paul Henke did not get elected. He is not a Farage sycophant.
2. In January I said that Nigel Farage had told Wayne Harling that he would be elected to the NEC. How could Nigel have been so sure? See my earlier post on Mr Harling: http://juniusonukip.blogspot.com/2009/01/nec-elections.html
3. The turn out was 41%. In 2008 the turn out was also 41%. It has already been noted on the British Democracy Forum that this is ‘statistically odd’.
As membership is down and moral is low I find this figure very, very suspect.
4. In 2007 George Curtis ( pictured above) only received 289 votes. In 2009 he received 2935 votes!
Mr Curtis is loathed by many Eastern Region members because of his involvement in the corrupt MEP selection process. You will recall that he interviewed ALL the MEP Eastern Region candidates. He has been accused of incompetence, bias, dishonesty and corruption. He has also been accused of sending a threatening letter to John West, a UKIP activist and branch chairman. He fully supported Andrew Smith's attempt to force all Eastern Region Committee members to sign a 'gagging agreement'. Both Curtis and Smith did this in order to deny ordinary members the right to know what is being done in their name. He lied about Robin Page, John West and Christopher Hudson in a report to the NEC. When Robin Page phoned him about these lies Curtis swore at him and slammed down the phone. It should also not be forgotten that the chairman of 20 Eastern Region constituencies said that they had no confidence in the man or his committee. Indeed, they signed a declaration to that affect.
There have been requests for Mr Curtis to be suspended as a member of UKIP. Peter Cole, a UKIP branch chairman, has asked for Curtis to be brought before a disciplinary committee for misconduct. Predictably Paul Nuttall has ignored these requests.
As Chairman of the Eastern Region Committee George Curtis has achieved NOTHING of note over the last few years. Under his 'inspired' leadership UKIP’s Eastern Region votes are down and membership has fallen by an average of 17 a month. Several branches are on the point of folding and it is fully expected that UKIP will lose at least one MEP in June 2009.
Do you really think that such a man would suddenly generate such a massive increase in support? He never did before!
Beyond the Eastern Region this bumbling fool is almost unknown. However, I have no doubt that Farage will claim that members across the country voted for Curtis in order to explain the mysterious increase in support!
5. Uncounted NEC votes were left unattended overnight. What steps were taken to prevent tampering?
Dear members, don’t expect Farage to answer any of my questions.