About us

My photo
Members & staff of UKIP past & present. Committed to reforming the party by exposing the corruption and dishonesty that lies at its heart, in the hope of making it fit for purpose. Only by removing Nigel Farage and his sycophants on the NEC can we save UKIP from electoral oblivion. SEE: http://juniusonukip.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/a-statement-re-junius.html

Tuesday 29 June 2010

UKIP: Mike Nattrass




Some of our readers have complained that they were unable to read all of Mike's letter. We apologise for this. Here is the text in full:

Letter to supporters from Mike Nattrass MEP

23.6.2010

Dear UKIP supporter,

I feel I need to write to you directly to let you know of my decision to resign from the EDF group in the European Parliament, in which the majority of UKIP MEPs currently sit. My resignation became effective on 22nd June 2010.

It is not a decision I have taken lightly and it has cost me much in frustration and time. I feel that it was a decision forced upon me as a result of difficulties arising within the Parliament and the party, both before and after the General Election, and I would like you to understand why I took it.

I do not wish to associate with, nor assist, those non UKIP members of the EDF group who do not wish to leave the EU and have very odd views on many issues that are incompatible with my own.

I furthermore do not wish to see my funding drained away by the EDF group for their own nefarious purposes, when as a non-attached MEP I can use that funding to expose the negative impact of the EU on the West Midlands region.

As you know EU red tape closes British businesses, forces retrograde changes to our legal system, oversees the destruction of our hard won democracy, and is crushing our traditions, all in the name of harmonisation. By continuing to sit as a member of the EDF it would be condoning this progressive destruction of our cherished institutions, and I feel that I can be far more effective in fighting this decline by sitting as a UKIP non-aligned MEP.

My responsibility is to those people who elected me and I shall focus my efforts and indeed my funding in revealing the corrupt workings of the EU to the West Midlands electorate who have given me a clear mandate to do just that.

I intend to join the former UKIP MEP Nikki Sinclaire in founding "The UKIP group" in the Parliament where we will continue to raise awareness of the direct and damaging impact on the economic well being of our region.

As a former Chairman and Deputy Leader I can assure you of my loyalty to UKIP principals and my intention to fight for UK independence and I enclose a recent election leaflet. However if you wish me to delete your name from my, MEP database, please let me know.

Yours sincerely

Mike Nattrass MEP

No comments: